A design build team led by Lendlease (US) Construction LMB Inc. and Turner Construction — with tvsdesign — was selected by Empire State Development Corporation to oversee the $1.5 billion expansion of the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center.
Key elements and sustainable features of the expansion include:
- 90,000 square feet of permanent exhibit space, to be combined with current
exhibit space, to create an approximately 500,000-square-foot exhibition hall;
- 45,000 square feet of meeting room space;
- A 55,000 square-foot ballroom, the largest of its kind in the New York region;
- A green roof terrace and pavilion accommodating 1,500 people for outdoor
- LEED Silver certification;
- An on-site truck marshaling facility with room for more than 230 event and exhibitrelated
- 27 new loading docks;
- Added kitchen and food service areas; and
- Back-of-House and administrative space.