AT A GLANCE
Gary specializes in the planning, and design of ‘next generation’ health sciences and STEM learning, research and technology environments for higher education. In the past seven years, he has programmed and designed over seven million square feet of classroom, teaching laboratory and multidisciplinary research laboratory space. This experience includes master plans, numerous feasibility studies and renovation projects, with emphasis on how to optimize the use of existing or proposed space for learning and research.
Gary is passionate about how agile and technology-rich built environments can enhance learning outcomes He is actively involved in several national organizations focused on active learning and STEM education, such as Project Kaleidoscope. He brings to this project his exceptional ability to help users determine their needs on a project and compose those needs into thoughtful, creative and innovative design solutions. His understanding of the future of learning and research for higher education coupled with his unique ability to work efficiently with diverse user groups helps build trust and confidence in the results.
- Bachelor of Architecture, University of Kentucky
- REGISTRATIONS AND AFFILIATIONS:
- Architect, Georgia
- Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) Accredited Professional Building Design + Construction
- American Institute of Architects
- Society of College and University Planning – Member
- Learning Space Collaboratory
- Living Futures Institute
- USGBC – Member