NORTH AVENUE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
ABOUT THE PROJECT
North Avenue Presbyterian Church was founded in 1898. The existing church building at North Avenue and Peachtree Street was constructed from donated granite from Stone Mountain in 1900. The church has operated continuously on this site since then. The campus has grown over its 117 year history with the addition of a school (since evolved to become The Westminster Schools) and a decided commitment in the 1950’s to urban ministry in Atlanta and global mission outreach. The project is composed of a new building on Peachtree Street, ‘Hospitality Hall’ (approximately 1,300 sf) which welcomes church members and visitors and users of church facilities to the urban campus. The granite and glass building receives all in a friendly, uplifting space, highly visible to the street and helps to orient them to other parts of the church facilities. Other parts of the project include the renovation of existing space one half flight above and immediately to the east of Hospitality Hall; this multipurpose facility is dubbed ‘Overlook Hall’ and will be used flexibly as a gathering space for a variety of church and civic events. Newly renovated classrooms along with a new children’s gathering and worshiping space have been created in converted previously existing parking areas which forms the welcoming and engaging Children’s Ministry. This renovation will breathe new life and spatial organization into the 117 year old campus. It will demonstrate North Avenue Presbyterian Church’s commitment to its Urban Ministry and it will actively and positively contribute to urban life in the very heart of Atlanta.